Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype & Ebay

Options
  • 20-09-2005 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭

Don't know if this has been mentioned before.
    Ebay have announced that they will soon integrating Skype into it's site. This will allow sellers and buyers to list their Skype ID in their "About Me" page and their "Contact Seller" section. Buyers and sellers will be able to talk to one another for free over Skype.
    I don't use Skype but I use Ebay. This might get me using it.

Link to article

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,326 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The real synergy comes from Pay-Pal, not ebay. It means when you want to talk to someone who doesn't have Skype, you can phone them on their normal phone and pay with Pay-Pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

They paid too much - this may go badly I wouldn't be surprised to see this tank or do badly. Selling your info!!! Oh ye I'm getting Skype now! Can't wait for the wave of spit (Spam over Internet Telephony) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Eh, if Skype sustain their current growth rate they'll have a hell of a lot of customers soon. It could actually be worth it to EBay.

However, forget about voice revenues for now, and the ability to ring sellers on EBay. Skype is a P2P network. There are 100m or whatever people who use this system. It is quite a cheap distributed distribution system. Have any Joe Soap sell digital goods on EBay, have Skype deliver it, and pay via paypal. Handy little number.

People have been talking about micro-content, micro-payments and the fact that a lot of future media will be produced by people on their computers. One of the issues was how to collect money from it and how to securely distribute it. The underlying Skype architecture could do this.

Advertisement