Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An intresting article in Animal voice

Options
  • 20-09-2005 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Animal voice is the online webzine of the Irish Council Against Bloodsports.Which despite their propaganda to the contrary are anti shooting and guns.
    Always pays to keep an eye on this lot.Seeing that they seem to read the NARGC and countryside alliance website alot.

Especially when they get to the point of libel .
    Article on the tragedy shooting in Kilkenny and their description of the perpertrator as a "FARM NUT"[????].ASFIK under Irish law this could be taken as a libelous statement even if it is on the internet as it is an Irish group hiding in cyberspace and ASFIK Animal voice is also printed.
    Anybody out there more up on the libel laws than I am?And possibly know the deceased family and their legal counsel???
    www.banbloodsports.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

I reckon there is little that can be done when the victim of the libel is deceased. I seem to remember a few incidents of statements being made/written about people who have just died, for example there was quiet a bit of mud flung last week after James Gogarty passed away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Sorry lads,

Cant 0ffer any advice on the legal status but I just want to compliment Flat-top on his vigilance and keeping up to spec on what 'The Others' are up to.
    Logic , reason and respect seems to go out the window when such emotive topics are broached therefore it is up to us all to be watchdogs for the protection of our sport. Me thinks the anti gun lobby wont differentiate between a .22 target rifle, 12g DBBL, 9mm or 6.5 x 55 so we should all watch each others backs in our shooting community rather than taking the 'I'm alright Jack' approach and thinking that your selected class/discipline could not be under threat. Remember guns are all the same to the antis so lets keep a combined and united approach and keep our sport thriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Chopper, who said we'd be doing anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

I wasn't pointing any fingers at anyone in particular Sparks, merely giving everyone a gentle reminder that there are people out there who dont like what we do and that we shouldn't get lazy or blaize about being uncontested in carrying our our sport and hobby.

Look upon it as a rallying cry rather than starting a bitching session !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Ah, grand so Chopper. I guess recent threads have me feeling a tad cranky :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement