Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand nibbler

Options
  • 20-09-2005 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone had any experience with one of these tools:

http://www.hybridpc.co.uk/fanaccessories.php#casemod

Plan on using it to cut the grill off my Shuttle(don't have a Dremel and this thing is cheaper.) Will be cutting relatively thin aluminum.

Any sources in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

looking at it ...it looks as if its just for doing the self tapping screw holes and not for cutting the space out for the main body of the fan ...i may be wrong i was cuting some thin copper plate a while ago and i used a large sisscors a it works fine but for a blow hole in a shuttle case i dont know ...maybe i wrong ..."if you h...ad read most of my pass post youll see i normally am " WRONG "LOL...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fakesnake

hi
    yes i have used them, they are used in the garage trade for cutting sheet metal. it would be ideal for blow holes. you just drill pilot hole and put the nibbler finger in and squeeze the handles. you can cut any shape you want, but dont forget to allow for the thickness of the cut. as for where to get them try the motor trade factors.
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

anyone ordered from the above crowd? (hybrid pc) as the Fan blowhole trim black rubber lining is really handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fakesnake

hi
    be a true modder and make your own blowhole rubber, take some single core electric cable. any colour you want split it down the middle with a stanley knife. total cost nothing out of a skip, plus what it will cost to stich up your fingers :D i have also used it to edge the side panel of my comp and people ask where i get the diff colours.
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

12cm,8cm,9cm hole saw. All you need is a modest drill. And a bit of sanding round the edges removes the need for rubber trim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'm planning on cutting the fan grille off the back of my Shuttle and replacing it with something that blocks less air. Now this grille is square, so I don't think a hole saw (of whatever diameter) is going to help me very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

How about the good old fashion hacksaw but you might need to take the blade off.

Some engine oil would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

krazy_8s wrote:
    12cm,8cm,9cm hole saw. All you need is a modest drill. And a bit of sanding round the edges removes the need for rubber trim.

Any idea where to get holesaws?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ah good lord, I thought this was in Personal Issues about someone who nibbled hands.... :o

I thought everyone should know. Plus its a Friday morning and the boss is out. So eh...keep up the good work guys ;)

Ah good lord, I thought this was in Personal Issues about someone who nibbled hands.... :o

I thought everyone should know. Plus its a Friday morning and the boss is out. So eh...keep up the good work guys ;)

Dont ya just gotta love thoise days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Any idea where to get holesaws?
    Any decent hardware shop. I have a 120mm one, and I need an 80mm too now :(
    They're not cheap though.

DAm it. What price range?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

try day off :p yeee haaa :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

DAm it. What price range?
    I think I paid ~€60 for my 114mm and the chuck thingy (which is required).

WizZard wrote:
    I think I paid ~€60 for my 114mm and the chuck thingy (which is required).

*sizzle* Thats a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I find 108mm holesaw also ok for 120mm fans. I know I'm losing a few mm but the hole doesn't show any of the 'square' around the fan this way which I prefer.

Advertisement