Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC Wall Cladding

Options
  • 20-09-2005 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

:confused:

Has anyone put these pvc wall panels in a bathroom?
    The idea sounds a lot easier than tiling..
    I have a brochure from enviroclad in Kilkenny but does anyone in Dublin sell them?
    I would like to see the panel before heading down to KK..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

fay wrote:
    :confused:

Has anyone put these pvc wall panels in a bathroom?
    The idea sounds a lot easier than tiling..

Didn't put them up myself but a fella I used to work for did in one house. The one problem i saw with the one he put up was they seemed a bit fragile i think they copuld be cracked easily enough Probably not the greatest if there are children around Saying that, they were supplied to us so maybe there are better quality ones to be bought
    Personally I still think tiling is the better finish of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Fay,

The panels are fine if fitted properly, they can look a bit commercial when fitted in large bathrooms and the panels are not cheap in themselves they cost in the order of €20.00 per sqm for the materials then add the fitting which depends on the area and the time needed.

They are very good in situations where the walls are bad and the bathroom is lathed out similar to dry lining, like everything there is the fast way and the right way of doing the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

There is a guy out in Dunshaughlin Ind Est that does them, Barry Evans. He's behind a diving shop, also does facias, soffits and guttering.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fay

Thanks y'all -
    appreciate the info..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭flocker

Fay,
    a sister in law used them in a shower area. I had reservations about the idea,( brittle, liable to crack or split). They are in about 4 years, still look well and no problems so far. The SIL is happy that she has no grout lines to clean and has had no hassle with them.
    They were supplied and fitted from a company just outside Monaghan (can't remember the name) but they had all the different profiles and did a good job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dairbhre

I saw these panels in B & Q in Swords last weekend and they had all the accessories there as well. It seems like a fast efficient and low maintenance option for a shower.

Advertisement