Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carl Sagan

Options
  • 20-09-2005 11:31am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just finished another of his books: Billions and Billions. (The end of which, as his last book, was quite moving).

Have read some of his others, and am determined to read them all - and get around to a biography too.
    Cosmos was just amazing, and for me Contact is one of the greatest SF novels.

Anyone else read anything by the great man?

:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just "Contact" which is a very good sci-fi novel indeed. Any recommendations for a second book to read?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭pukey

read cosmos a while back. pretty good. kind of like brysons " a short history.." except written way before it. well worth reading

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

dudara wrote:
    Just "Contact" which is a very good sci-fi novel indeed. Any recommendations for a second book to read?
    AFAIK that's his only fiction novel, but like Pukey I'd recommend Cosmos - it's perhaps his most "influential" book.

I never finished Brysons "A short history..." Got about 2/3rds through it and realised I was retaining nothing. Just too much information trying to get in at once I reckon! Sagan has a more comfortable style that is easier to stick with.

Advertisement