Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which dvd replacment drive?

Options
  • 19-09-2005 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Need some help out there! :( My Samsung dvd drive is not working any more ( i opened it up and did the cleaning thing with lens cleaner, compressed air, etc ). I am going to buy a new dvd drive but am not sure which one to get.
    Can i buy any make or has it to be a Samsung :confused:
    I hear that philips dvd drives are easily cleaned than the rest, is this true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Why post that ere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

liamskater wrote:
    Why post that ere?

Because he needs to find out the best kind of drive to replace the samsung with? :confused:

Anyway, can't help you with that one, not sure about the box's compatibility

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

liamskater wrote:
    Why post that ere?

Because he's talking about xbox dvd drives.

Ive seen makes of drives swapped around boxe before so Id imagine you can change them without any complications. Arent Samsung ones the best anyway though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

Unfortunately you have to put an xbox DVD drive into your xbox, not an off the shelf PC dvd drive as they will not read the xbox game discs at all*

lik-sang.com do replacement xbox drives but definitely post in the console modding section that you are looking for a secondhand one. I had one but sold it a few months back

*there is a way but it's not easy: http://www.command-tab.com/index.php/dvd-rom-modded-xbox/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Xbox dvd drives can be changed around freely between xbox's id recomend the samsung drive myself but apparently the new Hitachi ones are good
    Pete

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

there are plenty of the to be had on eBay. but samsung ones fetch top dollar coz they're compatible with pretty much all media. steer clear of the phillips if you can coz mine only reads certain dvd-r.

good luck

nmc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

peterk19 wrote:
    Xbox dvd drives can be changed around freely between xbox's id recomend the samsung drive myself but apparently the new Hitachi ones are good
    Pete

no the hitachi is not good, i modded 2 boxs with them and its very hard to get them to play anything other then originals (which i suppose will be fine for most people)

Advertisement