Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Cops on the War Path!

Options
  • 19-09-2005 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Just a warning for those without tax, insurance and NCT disks, the gardai are busy today on the N25 (all areas) peering at windscreens. I went through 3 checkpoints today between Dungarvan and the city.

Mike.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I hope they catch all the feckers...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Rew wrote:
    I hope they catch all the feckers...

Agreed, especially insurance in all fairness!

Its very important people that drive pay for the road I cycle on :D (tax)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

There down by the port road as well for the past couple of weeks. Friend of mine has been stopped twice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Hope all the feckers without tax an insurance get stung for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Talaghn

yea! the stoopid eejits! Im just waitin for the camera to be put on all traffic lights!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭helibelly

What gets my goat is the number of UK reg cars with false tax discs. I've seen three in Waterford in the past week, but because the reg is uk the police don't seem to be interested. No Tax=no insurance!! The first thing the insurance company does following a claim is ask DVLC if the car is taxed and MOT'd (NCT). if it's not they don't pay out. So if one of these feckers hits your motor have a look at the tax disc, the metallic strip is meant to be holographic (the words DVLC) the stamp is meant to be from a post office and the edge is peferated (not cut out). Someone is making a lot of money out of printing these fake discs and we're the ones who'll endd up paying for it. :mad:

Advertisement