Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairco Glazing

Options
  • 19-09-2005 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, anyone ever get any windows from these guys?
    They seem to be offering a good quote, just wondering if anyone has any experience of the finish I can expect.
    The missus saw the showrooms, but I want to go and see some real houses they have done, anyone can do a good job of a showroom... :cool:
    Thx.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jayo245

I was looking into getting windows this year and checked them out. I had been in showroom and saw sample and was impressed. Got a quote which was wildly above anyone else and the max cost I had worked out based on the windows in the showroom which were 1/3 bigger that what I was getting. When I queried it it immediately dropped 25%. It was all a bit too hard sell so I found someone else. Eventually used 'Navan Aluminium' and they were great. First time I have ever left workmen alone in my house, a great crew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TALLAMAN

I have reciently installed Fairco pvc windows. In cold weather I have a major problem with condensation on my bedroom windows. Any advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

Are the vents in the bedrooms open ? there is always the chance there are no vents in which case have some fitted.

I don't have the accurate figures but it's along the lines of the average human breathes out 1 litre of moisture in 8 hours.

Have you noticed what appears to be black marks starting to form at the ceiling / wall on external walls ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brian dd

I recently got the front of my house installed with new windows.

I shopped around after getting a quote from Fairco in their Terenure showrooms and wasn't surprised that to get a cheaper quote from other companies. In the end, much to the dismay of my wife, I decided to pay the extra amount for Fairco's windows and was so glad that i had chosen to make this decision.

The job was swiftly completed with the least of upset and mess, and my wife is so happy that i convinced her to pay for the higher end product, as the benefits with bills alone are hugely telling in the ever increasing rates we see.

dd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭secman

I smell something fishy here, same kind of unsolicitated halo's on a ask about money site from this same poster !!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mullmick

depsite being offered cheaper quotes we also went with Fairco (I posted about this before I think) when we were getting our windows done.

We were very happy with the service we received. We got 5 windows replaced, the job was done within a day- I got home from work to find the job complete, the place cleaned up, and apart from my nice new windows it didnt even seem like anyone had even been there. the windows (from my limited knowledge) seem very good quality- I am happy with them anyway, which I suppose is all that matters.

They were more expensive that some quotes, however I would note that when presented with alternative quotes, Fairco did bring their offer price down a good bit, so there may be deals to be done.

On a side note, the skip that was ordered as part of the price also arrived promptly, and was left behind for a day, so we filled it up with additional rubbish from the attic which was an unforeseen additional benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

I can only agree. Got 4 new windows from Fairco last week. They had this 25% discount before Christmas and with some additional haggling they came down even further. The were very good - from the first sales guy that in in, the site surveyor that took all the details to the actual installers. No complaints.
    All windows installed in a day, no mess, they wanted to do all the hovering.

The did very neat job with the reveal plastering - they even asked before what we are planning on doing with the walls (dylining, plaster, wallpaper) so they can slap on the right mix. Or little things of having extra deep window boards to allow for drylining the walls (well you have to tell them beforehand).

Looks great, compared to the old, leaking 1990 windows. House feels warmer already, as no more draft coming through those windows.

Only one window mystery remains... why do windows in Ireland open out and not like on the continent open in???? They couldn't answer that question.. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brian dd

Its good to see that everyone out there isn't so cynical.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭teflon

I used a company called Tullamore Home products and they were good and CLEAN. A guy called Ollie 0872649621 is the rep and is always around Dublin if thats where you're from.

They also took away the old ones but that might be done by everyone....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

If its any consolation Im into year 5 (yes 5!) of a running battle with Senator Windows over my front door and 3 windows.
    As airtight as a tea-bag Im afraid.
    Im on my 3rd door and umpteen adjustments later...
    Oh the joys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Amsterdam MS

Hi All,

Please dont buy anything from Fairco Windows the product is top quality but service and delivery quality is very bad they dont put the proper time to ensure instillation is done well. Worse their customer service is awful. A family member bought windows and doors and has had to get another window company to fix some fundamental problems as Fairco refused to do it. It wasn't worth the time to speak further with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Carmel Kennedy

From my experience, Never Buy From Fairco Windows And Doors !!!

Hi All,

Please dont buy anything from Fairco Windows the product is top quality but service and delivery quality is very bad they dont put the proper time to ensure instillation is done well. Worse their customer service is awful. A family member bought windows and doors and has had to get another window company to fix some fundamental problems as Fairco refused to do it. It wasn't worth the time to speak further with them.

From my experience, Never Buy From Fairco Windows And Doors !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Their add on the radio would be enough to put me off!

"These windows are independently certified as impossible to break in to"

Really, people break into bank vaults and armoured cars - but your windows can't be got through? These independent security experts have never heard of a brick then?

"In fact we'll give you €5000 if someone even tries to break in!"

Eh, I'm just going to come out and say it - No you won't!

Their add on the radio would be enough to put me off!

"These windows are independently certified as impossible to break in to"

Really, people break into bank vaults and armoured cars - but your windows can't be got through? These independent security experts have never heard of a brick then?

"In fact we'll give you €5000 if someone even tries to break in!"

Eh, I'm just going to come out and say it - No you won't!

Its all false advertising, they advertise for a rapid repair service, it took Fairco Windows And Doors 8 months to replace all my frames and doors using existing glass, they are a laughing stock of the window industry, to this day the haven't honored the guarantee, avoid like the plague, spread the word, I would hate to hear of other people going through what I have and still am going through with Fairco Windows And Doors, they have threatened me with court proceedings, I'm still waiting on the court papers.......

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

Fairco? Nothing fair about them, absolute rip offs. Sales rep. is on commision so he will overprice without shame.

buzzerxx wrote: »
    Fairco? Nothing fair about them, absolute rip offs. Sales rep. is on commision so he will overprice without shame.

Agree 100%, also Fairco Windows And Doors don't honour the guarantee!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Old thread locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mr.Buck

Extremely disappointed in Fairco’s lack of customer service and their “we’ve got your money and we don’t want to know “attitude. Forget the rubbish on their website, In my own personal experience its utter lies, workmen showed up installed the windows over two days, left the house like a building site dust everywhere, I cleaned the mess myself not their workers. I then had to fix one of the workers angle grinders myself after he managed to cut through the cable leaving a bare live wires exposed and plugged in whilst my children where present in the house !! They then fitted the wrong window in downstairs shower room that was too small – tried to remedy with a I’ll fitting vent, took them best part of a month to remedy after several follow up calls. Now despite being sold windows that, according to their salesman “ no burglar would get through” a burglar did ( in under two minutes with the aid of nothing more than a large pebble) Fairco refused to stand over their promises. Avoid.

Mr.Buck wrote: »
    Extremely disappointed in Fairco’s lack of customer service and their “we’ve got your money and we don’t want to know “attitude. Forget the rubbish on their website, In my own personal experience its utter lies, workmen showed up installed the windows over two days, left the house like a building site dust everywhere, I cleaned the mess myself not their workers. I then had to fix one of the workers angle grinders myself after he managed to cut through the cable leaving a bare live wires exposed and plugged in whilst my children where present in the house !! They then fitted the wrong window in downstairs shower room that was too small – tried to remedy with a I’ll fitting vent, took them best part of a month to remedy after several follow up calls. Now despite being sold windows that, according to their salesman “ no burglar would get through” a burglar did ( in under two minutes with the aid of nothing more than a large pebble) Fairco refused to stand over their promises. Avoid.

Hi, just got notified of your comment about Fairco Windows And Doors, if you can also post it on Facebook, I to had dealings with Fairco Windows And Doors and from my experience I wouldn't recommend Fairco Windows And Doors to anyone, they don't honour the guarantee, as for the owner he is nothing but an arrogant, aggressive and dirty rotten liar of an individual. Great to see other people posting a review about Fairco, people need to know how this so called window company treats customers before they had over their hard earned money, the stress and strain of dealing with them is unrepairabke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Mr.Buck

I'll try my best Carmel. We're presently experiencing the same nonsense you have from this crowd, wish I'd seen your post before we contacted these amateurs.

Mr.Buck wrote: »
    I'll try my best Carmel. We're presently experiencing the same nonsense you have from this crowd, wish I'd seen your post before we contacted these amateurs.

It's a disgrace they way they are allowed treat customers, there is no protection for the customers when it comes to shoddy work, not unless we pay €€€€€€€ to solicitors, if I had the money I would but I paid Fairco Windows And Doors €14.726, Fairco has treated me with court action a few times, nothing came of it as yet, as I told him I have all the proof in photos, videos and emails, I done all I could do trying to get media attention, so I resorted to protesting outside his showroom on the Old Airport Road and Terenure, he is now trying to put the blame on me saying that I won't allow them to carry out the work, which is a load of lies, I now know that he is known for his lies from a former staff member of his, this man doesn't deserve to be in business. Sorry to hear of your troubles with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bipedalhumanoid

Fairco offer appalling after-sales service if you ever need anything fixed. Try calling their service line and you get an answering machine. Leave a message maybe they will call back, maybe not. They have an online form you can fill out requesting service, but they ignore that too.

After a few attempts at contacting them, I got a phone call to tell me someone will call me in a couple of days, two weeks later and nothing. So I called again, left another message, no call back.

Fairco offer appalling after-sales service if you ever need anything fixed. Try calling their service line and you get an answering machine. Leave a message maybe they will call back, maybe not. They have an online form you can fill out requesting service, but they ignore that too.

After a few attempts at contacting them, I got a phone call to tell me someone will call me in a couple of days, two weeks later and nothing. So I called again, left another message, no call back.

I feel your pain, how this company is allowed do what they are doing on customers is shocking, I done everything I possibly could and still got nowhere, the more people who know about the way Fairco Window And Doors treat customers the less business for them, they are a laughing stock of the window industry, if you get a chance put a review up on Google, it does help other people when shopping for windows and doors, my review has got lots of views, also post photos if you can, the owner of Fairco is nothing but an arrogant, aggressive and dirty rotten liar of an individual, I have been threatened with court action from him because I named and shamed his company all over Facebook, which I continue to do, if I had the money I would have dragged him through the courtd myself by now but unfortunately I don't as I paid him €14.726 for shoddy work, if I had of known then what I know now about Fairco I would have never went near them.
    Never Buy From Fairco Windows And Doors, They Don't Honour The Gaurantee.

Advertisement