Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy.

Options
  • 19-09-2005 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

If I needed to buy several Apple machines (iMac's & mini's) for business use, where would be the best place in Ireland to buy these?

E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

http://www.apple.com/ie/ I think it's the best place to go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

mayhem# wrote:
    If I needed to buy several Apple machines (iMac's & mini's) for business use, where would be the best place in Ireland to buy these?

E.

Go to the Apple Store Irl and get a quote. Then go to any of the resellers around the country and beat them down on price. Possibly the new crowd on Grafton St, although their experts gave me bad advice about something the other day. (iPod nano needing USB2 to work, whereas in fact it'll still work with USB1 albeit at a slower pace).

The Apple Store has screwed up on me recently, not for the first time, so beware.

hughchal wrote:
    Then go to any of the resellers around the country...

Google doesn't show any of the ones I was thinking about - maybe try Big Bear Sound, Typetec and Mac Shop?

I'm nor certain if there are more.

Oh yeah,

CompuB in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

hughchal wrote:
    CompuB in Limerick.

have you dealt with them before?
    I contacted them some time ago and they seemed fairly competent..

E.

mayhem# wrote:
    have you dealt with them before?
    I contacted them some time ago and they seemed fairly competent..

E.

I bought an iMac from them six years ago... iMac Rev C 266 MHz (still going strong)

Don't know anything about them since...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

www.compupac.ie is worth a try they might price match I dont think there is much on the website but worth a call

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

hughchal wrote:
    Google doesn't show any of the ones I was thinking about - maybe try Big Bear Sound, Typetec and Mac Shop?

I'm nor certain if there are more.

Oh yeah,

CompuB in Limerick.

Wouldn't go near Typetec, they tend to only have one Mac trained staff per shop, if your lucky, so be prepared for a long wait. Big Bear and Mac shop are by a long way the best outside Apple directly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭whippet

Hamndegger wrote:
    Wouldn't go near Typetec, they tend to only have one Mac trained staff per shop,

Typetec don't have a shop?

Advertisement