Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPA 2100 gets hot

Options
  • 19-09-2005 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi,

Just a question to any others that are using the SPA2100.
    My SPA2100 box gets quite hot. Is that normal?
    It is a US import but the voltage rating is 110-240 so it should be ok over here.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I have to say mine runs fairly hot alright and its on a shelf with no other heat sources within 2 feet (router, switches etc), I'm thinking its all part of normal operation...

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

Good, at least its not just mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

Reading the spec on this device it appears that it supports fax sending over VOIP

In reality... does it work ?

Fax & Sky digibox callback are the reasons I'm holding off going VOIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

Havent tried it - sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dam099

shabbyroad wrote:
    Reading the spec on this device it appears that it supports fax sending over VOIP

In reality... does it work ?

Fax & Sky digibox callback are the reasons I'm holding off going VOIP.

I think the VOIP provider would need to support the codec used for fax aswell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement