Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing built in Electric oven

Options
  • 19-09-2005 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

I am about to buy a build in single electric oven, the Zanussi ZBS863SS single oven to be exact. I was wondering if there is any difficulty removing the old one and replacing it with the new one. I would imagine it's a fairly straight forward task, or is it something an electrician would be required for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

Depends on how good you are at DIY. It is quite simple really.
    There are just the 3 wires connected to the back of the oven.
    Trip the switch for the oven and make sure the power goes out.
    Even better just take out the main fuse on the fuse board , just to be paranoid.

The oven is probably screwed in place , so remove these retaining screws and then start to slide out the oven. Have something like a table to slide it out onto.
    This is a two person job really , not because the ovens are very heavy , they are just awkward to get your arms around. Also the back panels of these ovens can be very fragile so be careful.

Then remove the wiring , noting how it was wired.

Then put the new oven up on the table and connect the 3 wires again , making sure all connections are correct and tight.

Then slide the oven back in making sure not to crimp or catch the cable.

When it is pushed back in then turn on power again to make sure everything is okay.
    Then screw it back into place... simple...

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Also just check that the cable does not have any burning or knicks in it. If there is I would replace it.

Advertisement