Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great North Run

Options
  • 18-09-2005 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

Anybody any news on the fatalities at the Great North Run?

I just saw it as breaking news on ITV News

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

It was just a news flash on sky news.
    No details yet. ????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I know, anything about it when it was televised? I was at training

ITV have just said no further news as yet

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

shocking news...4 fatalities..now confirmed 4 men

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Common Sense

I just got this from the BBC site

Four men have died while taking part in the 25th Great North Run, police said.
    The men were among 50,000 people running the 13-mile course in soaring temperatures from Newcastle to South Shields on Sunday.

Northumbria Police said there had been no major incidents during the event and the deaths were unrelated.

The Men's Race was won by Eritrean Zersenay Tadesse in 59 minutes 5 seconds, beating the previous record by one second.

A Northumbria Police spokesman said: "I can confirm four male participants in the race have died, which is more than the usual one or two - but every year more people are taking part."

He added further details would be released later.

Advertisement