Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ccr

Options
  • 17-09-2005 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

any one else here listen to creedence clearwater revival?

i put this thread in the blues forum but it could easily have gone in rock,soul or country.

i just think they are brilliant and largly forgotten about i find, which is a real shame considering their talent and contribution to music.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I too enjoy CCR. They wrote some cracking tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

they were strangely huge in thailand while i was there a few weeks ago....

an excellent band no doubt, susie q is my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

An absolutelty cracking band. Willie & the Poor Boys is f**king great album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

My favourite song has to be Suzie Q.....a brilliantly simple tune with simple lyrics

Its kick ass

They also do a killer cover of Heard it Through the Grapevine, it goes on for about 13 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Desmo

they were strangely huge in thailand while i was there a few weeks ago....

an excellent band no doubt, susie q is my favourite.

I am strangely huge in Dublin but it is probably from too high a calorie intake.

Des

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭PunyHuman

I'm another fan of Creedence. 'Fortunate Son', 'The Working Man', 'Cross-Tie Walker' and 'Tombstone Shadow' are a few of my favourites.

I've got a couple of videos of their live performances as well, jakers, they look like the best rockinest gigs ever. Doug Clifford is a great drummer.

Whenever I listen to them I'm always reminded of that great scene in The Big Lebowski where the Dude is driving and tries to flick his joint butt out the window, but the window's closed and he's showered with sparks, loses control and crashes into a lamp post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Creedence ROCK!!!! Love them!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

so many great songs of such high quality

molina!

Advertisement