Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christy Moore Free gig

Options
  • 17-09-2005 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

hey,
    just to let you all know that Christy Moore, Ronnie Drew, Happy City Samba & more are playing down in dun laoghaire tomorrow in aid of "Save our Seafront" more info at

http://www.dun-laoghaire.com/sos/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

Looks good i hope they know most people will be going for the music and christy moore the legend. But then people are people and it dont matter as long as there there in numbers "supporting" the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

well if people go for the music and learn something about the campaign then that can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Steveire

well if people go for the music and learn something about the campaign then that can only be a good thing.

That's what i did today. Had a swim too and a great time. Ronnie drew played too. Christy played great ones. Black is the colour, ride on, lisdoonvarna, Joxer. I'm really glad i went.

Seems the campain was about a major redevelopment of the seafront, which would be a major eyesore, and a redirection of funds from the needy. Protest mainstay Richard Boyd Barrett was there and is chair of the committee. There's a county council vote in october, where there'll be more shouting and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I just caught the end of the concert, I really wished I was there earlier. Seeing Christy play a cover of 'hurt' nearly brought tears to my eyes

Advertisement