Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current 93

Options
  • 17-09-2005 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if there are any fans here but Current 93 have released (another) best of compilation recently called Judas As Black Moth. I forget how excellent C93 are and listening to the compilation has reminded me of how unique David Tibet is. I used to find his voice intolerable but now my ear has become a little more open (got them syringed a little while ago, haha) I can see how people can become possessed by his work.

Anyone into Antony and the Johnsons should track down the split live EP he did with Current 93 (Live at St. Olave's Church). It's short but oh so very sweet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭slssprite

does anyone knows if any of those guys (including Death in June and Sol Invictus) come to dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

No one books them. C93 are expensive to book due to the fact there's about ten of them and they have to be flown in from all across the globe. Might be a better chance of DIJ or Sol Invictus being brought in but really there's not many promoters who'd book them as I say the chances of breaking even is slim.

Advertisement