Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loch Ness Monster "Breakthrough"

Options
  • 17-09-2005 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭

Nessie hunters on verge of major breakthrough

16/09/2005 14:41

Scientists hunting the Loch Ness Monster say they've made a significant breakthrough.

Flesh-like material, which could hold the key to Nessie's origins, has been recovered from the loch bed.

It'll now be subject to DNA testing here and in the United States.

Veteran Nessie-hunter Dr Bob Rines is a pioneer of radar and sonar, at 83 this could be his last expedition...but also his most successful.

Using underwater robots, the team has scooped up material that may finally prove the existence of large animals deep in the loch.

Samples will be tested at laboratories in Scotland and the United States.

The results could be far-reaching....and if they are they will be found.

http://northtonight.grampiantv.co.uk/content/default.asp?page=s1_1_1&newsid=7537

:)

Even if this story turns out to be a red herring, I thought it was time for a cryptozoology thread ;)
    I for one am not really a beliver of Nessie, but I do find the subject of hunting for mysterious and bizarre creatures in remote (and not so remote) places of the world exciting and entertaining.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I find it hard to believe that they can find volcanoes at the bottom of the atlantic yet they have trouble finding life at the bottom of Loch ness.

The idea that there is something in the lake is good for tourism in the area, so it is in their best interests for the locals to keep the story alive and well.

If there was something there it would have been found by now, Loch nes isnt ecactly the size of the mediteranian see or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Flesh-like material, which could hold the key to Nessie's origins, has been recovered from the loch bed.

Unsuccessful gangster.
    Even if this story turns out to be a red herring, I thought it was time for a cryptozoology thread ;)

Absolutely. Mongolian Death Worm, anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

Sure,,, Nessie upped and left this ****hole of a country ages ago. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

the article has no pic :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sirgamblelot

You do know theres no such thig as nessie! its a hoax set up by someone who will remain nameless.ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

You do know theres no such thig as nessie! its a hoax set up by someone who will remain nameless.ha ha

care to back that up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement