Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats

Options
  • 17-09-2005 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

For the past few nights, everytime I passed my neighbours I've been hearing this high-pitched crying. I though it was an infant as it does sound like a child crying.
    A mate said it was probably cats and they tend to do this at certain times of the year. Sounds pretty scary when I'm bed at night. Getting pretty annoying too.
    Anyone else hear or notice this before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

If it's a constant high pitched crying it's not likely to be cats. Maybe your neighbour is a budding Soprano :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Wouldn't exactly call it crying. Kinda of an unnatural sound.
    I'm pretty convinced it is cats. Probably some mating ritual or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Foxes when they are mating sound like babies crying its a well spooky sound - but its a tad too late in the year to be that - May be a cat in distress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Yeah I know the sound - spooky - it's prob coz there's a female in season in the area . Not sure whether the male or female makes that crying sound tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Female cats make that noise during cotius.
    The male penis is barbed at the end and the Ywoling is the female as he
    triesto remove himslef.

• Advertisement
Advertisement