Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAM Helicopter

Options
  • 16-09-2005 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Today friday the 16th between 7 and 10 pm there is a helicopter flying round anyone know whats goin on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i'm living down by the Marina, the chopper is a resuce helicopter, its doing searches of the river, there was two dingy boats out as well for a while before it got too dark, they came in at around 8.30.....it doesn't look good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

i'm living down by the Marina, the chopper is a resuce helicopter, its doing searches of the river, there was two dingy boats out as well for a while before it got too dark, they came in at around 8.30.....it doesn't look good

that cant be good at all could see a few headlines in the newspapers tommorow lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i thought it was doing a training execise or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

pp_me129 wrote:
    could see a few headlines in the newspapers tommorow lol

yeah, its hiliarious....... :mad: (muppet!)

mossy, it could well have been a training exercise, i'm just specelating on what i saw. Its a bit strange that there would two dingys out that late also thou. The chopper was very low flying so it would seem that it was "active" in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭helibelly

Hi, I work at the rescue base at Waterford airport, the Helicopter was searching the river using the Infra-red heat camera following a report that a man was seen in the river. It transpired that a local man who regularly swims in the river was the person seen and the aircraft was stood down from searching.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I flicked on the local news at 9 this morning to hear what happened but it did'nt get a mention so i figured nothing was amiss.

I guess swimming about in the Suir under darkness would attract attention!
    (muppet!)

Indeed.

Mike.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

helibelly wrote:
    Hi, I work at the rescue base at Waterford airport, the Helicopter was searching the river using the Infra-red heat camera following a report that a man was seen in the river. It transpired that a local man who regularly swims in the river was the person seen and the aircraft was stood down from searching.

Ah good to hear all is ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 yoursfaithfully

mike65 wrote:

I guess swimming about in the Suir under darkness would attract attention!
    Swimming about in the Suir at anytime would attract attention. You would have to be suicidal to take on those currents.

Advertisement