Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cd's

Options
  • 16-09-2005 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

so, i bought a thing of blank cd's and it says 700MB capacity.
    now, when i put in the cd and try to burn sometihng on it that is over 700mb, it wont allow it!
    i check with get info, and the capactiy on all of them is 670mb or something..whats the shhhhhtory with dat?
    thks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

adonis wrote:
    now, when i put in the cd and try to burn sometihng on it that is over 700mb, it wont allow it!

hmmmm thats like trying to put a litre into half litre bottle...it dont work

more to the point...dont mind the finder get info with blank disks use toast - far more accurate. You're never gonna get a full 700Mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

adonis wrote:
    i check with get info, and the capactiy on all of them is 670mb or something..whats the shhhhhtory with dat?
    thks

Cd's have a small amount of space made available for "leader" information, such as CD text tracks names,amount of tracks, track times, etc. That's what the 30Mb is doing on the disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

just in case anyone gets this problem again...i sorted it out with toast...it now works fine...702mb --- perfect for divx!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

adonis wrote:
    just in case anyone gets this problem again...i sorted it out with toast...it now works fine...702mb --- perfect for divx!

DVDr's are a far better investment imho when it comes to backing up such things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

no way! DVD's...not a chance...
    anyway, i only have a CD/RW drive... :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Step away from the apostrophy key, you punks!

Advertisement