Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Face and resellers

Options
  • 16-09-2005 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Apologies if this was answered before. Had a quick scan and saw a vague reference to it, but would like more details.

I am considering ditching my Eircom line altogether and moving to Blue Face over NTL broadband. I'd like to keep my geographical number. The problem is that I have my calls with a reseller (Talk Talk) and not Eircom. I heard this can pose a problem.

Has anybody got any experience with this ? Am I supposed to cancel my contracts with Eircom and Tal Talk myself or can Blue Face handle all that in the background for me ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Newshound

I have the same problem. Would like to ditch land line and go with blueface next month. If Blueface can handle the whole lot then i'll switch. If not i'll leave it as it is because it will probably cost me more grief and money sorting it out myself.

By the way, just to get a phoneline disconnected whodo you call? Eircon or UTV. since UTV have my calls and Eircom have my rental, since UTV never got their act together and took over the rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Why don't you just switch back to Eircom until your number is ported to Blueface and then cancel the phone line?

Because i object to paying Eircon for one single call ever again :)

Seriously though, what i want is to be able to make one call as follows.

ME: Mr. Blueface, i would like to sign up for your service. Please prot my number to blueface.

MR Blueface: No problem.

ME: F**K you ircom and thankyou Mr Blueface.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

First off don't cancel your eircom account untill you've ported your number over, I'm abit unsure how TalkTalk will affect your situation.
    I'd suggest contacting blueface about this and asking for information on the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I have had the problem you are experiencing. You HAVE to go back to Eircon to port your number. There is no option. This was agreed with all the operators ages ago. You can not port from a reseller, it has to be from Eircon.

Blueface with NTL is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Inad

Thanks for your replies. I'll ask Blue Face but I suspect paulm17781 is right, which is a pain in the proverbials. Oh well it's for the long term anyway. How long does the whole thing take then ? Going back to Eircom first will probably take a few weeks. Blue Face talk about 2 to 4 to get your own number reallocated. Altogether sounds like a couple of months. Is that a fair estimate ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Inad wrote:
    Thanks for your replies. I'll ask Blue Face but I suspect paulm17781 is right, which is a pain in the proverbials. Oh well it's for the long term anyway. How long does the whole thing take then ? Going back to Eircom first will probably take a few weeks. Blue Face talk about 2 to 4 to get your own number reallocated. Altogether sounds like a couple of months. Is that a fair estimate ?

It could be two months. You have one advantage I didn't, you know you have to go back to Eircom. It took alot of messing about for us (me & Blueface) to realise that is what I had to do.

Whats the best way to go back to Eircom?
    Call Eircom or the reseller?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Newshound wrote:
    Whats the best way to go back to Eircom?
    Call Eircom or the reseller?

Eircom I'd say

I think they might be more helpful if you call them saying "blah blah x sucked and I want to go back to eircom"

Rather then reseller calling saying "x wants to go back to you"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

TimTim wrote:
    I think they might be more helpful if you call them saying "blah blah x sucked and I want to go back to eircom"
    Rather then reseller calling saying "x wants to go back to you"

Agreed, also I don't think a normal Eircom rep will understand..
    "Well I want to port my number to a VoIP provider, so in order to do that I need to move my phone service from TalkTalk to yourselfs and then to my VoIP provider" :D

So call Eircom, say you want to move back then go about number porting :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

The easiest thing to do is call blueface and ask. I'm with blueface and my landline is with UTV. Blueface emailed me a form to fill out to port my telephone number from UTV to Blueface.

They said that is would take from 2-4 weeks before my number is ported over to blueface and once it is I then cancel my UTV line. :)

Just emailed Blue Face asking the question. Will post their reply here for future reference.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭PlasmaFish

Just in the process of doing a port but I have to move back to eircom.

You can port your number strait to blueface if your line rental is still charged thru eircom's Whole seller line rental (WLR). This basically means that if you get billed from eircom for your line rental and then another company for your calls.
    If it's all on the same bill and not eircom well then you have to go back to eircom.
    It’s not just blueface users that have to do this, every one that what’s to port there number between phone companies has to go thru eircom unfortunately.

I wish it was on Radio 1 more often as then something might be done about it in Comreg

This is what Blue Face said:

"Yes that's correct currently there is no process defined to port between two
    non-Eircom operators, ComReg are working on it.

If you wish to port your number to any other operator you will need to first
    port it back to Eircom. Once it's back with Eircom we can then ort it to our
    service for you.

There is a bit of hassle involved but probably less than you think since
    most of the process is just waiting. We cannot do the first port for you
    since it's an agreement between you and Talk Talk. If you ring Eircom on
    1901 and request a port that's usually all you need to do for the first
    port. Once you have the first one completed we send you a form to sign and
    that's it. As mentioned most of the process is just hurry up and wait."

However I actually still pay the line rental directly to Eircom so I'm probably covered by PlasmaFish's WLR scenario.

Advertisement