Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinnacle PCTV Stereo PAL Capture Device

Options
  • 16-09-2005 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Folks ,
    Has anyone any experience of any these cards ? I just fitted one to my new PC recently but when I try to run the programme (Vision) I get a message saying

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

The card belong/s to my brother and it wokred for him when he bought it approx a year and half /2 yrs ago.

My PC is new only a month old so i'm wondering could their be a issue with my version of XP.

Anyone any similar experiences with this product ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

did you install everything properly off the cd that came with the card.
    Because mine works with my Xp setup just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Everything was installed correctly alright. It seems there is or was an issue with Xp SP2 and an additional file needs to be installed. Downloaded it on Friday and installed it, card worked fine afterwards.I have so far failed to locate the cable that runs from the card to the motherboard.Without this i have to plug my audio cable into the card externally.

Don't suppose you could give a description of this cable ? So I know what I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

It's a standard internal 4-pin audio cable like you would use to connect a CD drive to a sound card. The audio out on the Pinnacle is a four-pin header marked 'Audio Out' IIRC.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/28726i0.jpg

EDIT: the above has a 2-pin digital cable integrated, you just need the four-pin bit.

Advertisement