Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dirty Three

Options
  • 15-09-2005 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

Don't know how many fans of the Dirty Three are on boards but they've a new album out in the next few weeks and I've got my sweaty paws on it. It's very good but a bit different from previous albums. The songs are much shorter but there's nineteen (compared to the five or so on average on the other albums). Excellent bagpipe work on it too (never thought I'd hear myself say that!). Also I have it on good authority that there's a gig scheduled before the end of the year in London with hopes of a Dublin show around the same time.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Nice one.
    John2 wrote:
    Excellent bagpipe work on it too

Huh? :p

How'd you get a hold of it anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I got it as a promo for review (link in my sig).

And I'm serious about the bagpipes, there's a guy playing bagpipes with them on one track and it really suits their set up. Vocals on one track too which was a surprise.

And as if by magic a gig is announced for Dublin!

Link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

U:Mack's organised the gig. On in November.

No way I'm missing this one. The Vicar gig was real good, wanted to see them in the Spirit Store the next night but couldn't arrange a lift.

Yeah, I really wanted to go to the Spirit Store one but I had no way of getting there. It's a pisser because that Spirit Store gig was originally booked for the Village.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

This is the gig in Dundalk? You mean D3 were originally booked for Vicar and the Village?

Yeah, I had tickets for Vicar St one night and The Village the next. Mozaik were headlining both nights and the Dirty Three were supporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭u:mack

U:MACK
    Present
    DIRTY THREE
    SATURDAY NOV 12
    THE VILLAGE. DOORS 8.30
    TICKETS €21 FROM ROAD, SOUND CELLAR, CITY DISCS & WAV BOX OFFICE
    1890 2000 78.
    ONLINE AT www.tickets.ie
    NO GUEST LIST
    www.umack.com

Listen to dirty three here: http://www.tgrec.com/bands/album.php?id=365