Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

new motherboard/pc

• 25-08-1999 11:56pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭

basically i've got a p75 with 16mb...
    don't laugh
    and i want something better...
    what should be the min spec that i go for...
    lets try and keep it sensible too..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭mobius

Roight maytee...
    What U want is one of those fancy intel mercid CPU's with 64bit architecture.
    AFAIK They'll be out in early 2000, so for the love of god save your money till then.

Or If youre realy desperate to get one NOW,
    A Pentium II 350
    128 MB RAM
    TNT2/Voodoo3
    The prices of i350's have come down a lot in recent months, but if you can afford it - get a faster PIII-550.

Let us know what you get so I can drool at the specs. smile.gif

Get muppited at:
    http://www.gibworld.com/mobius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

How can you even claim to play quake on that piece of sh!te?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

in 320x200....
    which is very small after the moniters in college.............

[This message has been edited by MiCr0 (edited 26-08-99).]

Wahhhaahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha *breath* hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha *wheeze* *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭mobius

LOL, I'm running GLQuake at 640x480 on my P200MMX, and I'm not happy with it, I want 800x600 or 1024x768 if I can get it.
    I'm also downloading glsetup for Q3test at the moment (23MB's), and I want ADSL and a Mercid, and 256MB's RAM, ooh oh and a TnT2......
    Us PC lads are never happy are we?
    We always want more.

Get muppited at:
    http://www.gibworld.com/mobius

• Advertisement

got a piii450 256meg and hopefully a tnt2 in the pipeline. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Ive got an Amd k6/3 450, 160Mb RAM and a v3 and still play at 320x200 out of preference.
    Nothing wrong with it. smile.gif

320x200 with fov 120 smile.gif
    ROCKS

Advertisement