Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condensing gas boiler

Options
  • 15-09-2005 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭

I need to get a new gas boiler and am considering getting a condensing gas boiler (not a combi boilet).

I need an 80,000 BTU (23.5kW) boiler. The prices I have found on the web are fairly high and the plumbing suppliers generally indicate that they are expensive - though I have seen them at decent prices in UK web sites I can't get one delivered here.

I have a mate in a plumbing suppliers who gives me good prices but he is on holidays and I need it asap so the lads in the shop won't be giving me as good a price as he would.

They laughed at the idea of a condensing boiler, saying they were double the price and only gave me a quote for a normal gas system boiler.

I need a 80,000 BTU boiler but they only have 70,000 (€750 inc VAT) or 100,000 BTU (€910 inc VAT). Plumber says to go with the 100,000 BTU to be sure but I have read they are less efficient. Anyone got any ideas on what I should go for, are these good prices, and what to pay for a 25kW condensing gas boiler?

Thanks

Advertisement