Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO LIT people

Options
  • 15-09-2005 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

sorry i had to put this thread in here. But was wondering if anyone knew anything about buses from raheen going straight out to lit.. the bus eireann website just says university so i assume thats UL and the lit website isn't much better. anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Just get the Raheen bus into town (it'll drop you at either Dunnes, Todds, or William Street). Then get the Caherdavin bus from Dunnes and it'll drop you out. Don't think there's a bus from Raheen directly to Caherdavin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I went to the now called LIT in 1994.
    Back then there was a bus at 8:30am from Raheen straight to the
    college. Dunno what the story is now.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Nope no bus! Maybe they should do three or four a day though, hmm... I wonder how many students are there out theyre! Because there;s Thomond Park out near there, LIT millenium teatre and all the sports pitches within the campus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 faustngretchen

I think Limerick could do with a general makeover of its public transport system anyway. Beginning with a couple of new routes especially to areas out of town. People without a car can't get anywhere.

It was not very reliable back in 94 either.
    I either cycled or got the bus to town and walked the rest of the way.

Nowadays the bus services are still terrible. Have often waited
    a full hour to get a bus and only waited cos the taxi drivers tend
    to screw you with their prices.
    (I know someone who was charged 15 Euros from Town to Raheen
    cos traffic was bad. She did not get the bus as she had loads of shopping with her)

The new BallyCummin bus I have waited for time and time again and have only managed to get it once. Its a great route but aparently there is one bus an hour
    which you rarely see even if your are waiting at the correct times.

Would be lovely to see a "LART" Limerick Aread Rapid Transport ?? for years there
    was talk of one but nothing ever materialised.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

thats a bit ridiculous.. theres over 4 thousand students at lit.. surely that warrents some bus service. when i was in dublin the dart and bus services where reliable. Think limerick isn't big enough for a dart like service.. but more and better bus routes are essential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

there's buses from town to LIT every 15 minutes afaik

none from raheen straight through though

Well they are doing a train service from Parkway shopping area into Panrell Street Station! I think if they created a line that somehow went from City to the cresent, and also a line going out to LIT/Gaelic Grounds/Thomond Park!
    Really thats all the city needs, well actually if that cresent one went out to Raheen, and the Parkway one went to UL... but that would be too perfect! :)

Think the LART idea was destined to go from one side of the city
    all the way out to Patrickswell.

Years ago the govenment took land from my family in Patrickswell and
    mentioned this but nothing ever came of it. All that went through their
    land was the new roads the lead out to the new racecourse.

~B

Well they are doing a train service from Parkway shopping area into Panrell Street Station! I think if they created a line that somehow went from City to the cresent, and also a line going out to LIT/Gaelic Grounds/Thomond Park!
    Really thats all the city needs, well actually if that cresent one went out to Raheen, and the Parkway one went to UL... but that would be too perfect! :)

There are rail lines from Colbert Station to Mungret remember? These pass by the Crescent. Personally I can never see Limerick getting a light rail service. We hardly have buses

• Advertisement

After Dublin Limerick actually has the country's best bus service! Even better than Cork!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭spinalsly

what gives you that idea limerick man

whoever told you that needs psychiatric attention

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

After Dublin Limerick actually has the country's best bus service! Even better than Cork!

Sorry all, I've to go home and change my underwear! I just pissed myself laughing!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

WOW... what a response!
    Anyway, here you go http://www.buseireann.ie/site/your_journey/city_town.asp That says all bus eireanns city services across the country... Try and find a service with more routes than Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Just because there's more routes doesn't mean it's a better service. Buses are always late or full to the brim! How is that a good sevice?

Late?!??! Are u serious?!? The bus waits for like 5 mins to even come to the stop, they are always early... but they only open there doors until the correct time.. thats the new presedure, so that people will take the bus, because they know it will be on time!
    On the most part the Limerick service is also more common they that of any other bus eireann route network!
    I feel the current system is very good, and once Raheen gets that 10 min service this should be dandy!:)

I wish I lived in your world.

Meanwhile, here in reality, buses are NEVER on time, if they arrive at all

"if they arive at all", heehee what line are u on?

Advertisement