Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I had the same heatsink on my northwood well not exactly the same i had the copper version of it, no complaints what so ever great heatsinks. P4 2.8@ 3.5
    Should be able to pick one up in peats.

Or alternative ThermalRight XP-120 (Socket 754/939/478) Heatsink (HS-017-TR)

They are both good ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Mac daddy wrote:
    I had the same heatsink on my northwood well not exactly the same i had the copper version of it, no complaints what so ever great heatsinks. P4 2.8@ 3.5

what is your temps at full load or average load?

Mac daddy wrote:

can that Thermalright be bought anywhere in Ireland ?

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

http://www.custompc.ie/reviews.php?&id=19&page=1

the Zalman CNPS9500 is good, looks cool too if you've got a window. Cools well on silent and high fan speeds.

• Advertisement

Jammer wrote:
    http://www.custompc.ie/reviews.php?&id=19&page=1

the Zalman CNPS9500 is good, looks cool too if you've got a window. Cools well on silent and high fan speeds.

can I buy this anywhere in Dublin over the weekend ?

Peats have it, €70

Jammer wrote:
    Peats have it, €70

sweet, easy to instal? do I need to take the mobo out of the case completely?

yeah, it has a backplate. Its handy to do, once you get the mobo out.

I got a Northwood 3.0 chip (running at 3.3 with fan cooling only) think I might push it to 3.6 with this baby!

Also, I read the 478 boad does not nead to be removed for installation?

• Advertisement

bought it !! hope I can mangae to insert !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Drapper wrote:
    bought it !! hope I can mangae to insert !!

how did the installation go?

gline wrote:
    how did the installation go?

Simple !!! :-) Socket 478 board was easiest to instal in the manual did not even have to take out the mobo

and running a 3.0 Northwood at 32 degrees at 3.3 !!

well recommended !!

post a photo later !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Drapper wrote:
    Simple !!! :-) Socket 478 board was easiest to instal in the manual did not even have to take out the mobo

and running a 3.0 Northwood at 32 degrees at 3.3 !!

well recommended !!

post a photo later !!

sounds great, id defo consider it when building rigs for people

One negative, the cooler is dam sexy, but the fan control is far too small and no way of putting it on a front freee bay of you pc !!

was 9/10

drops to 8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 65,240 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Mac daddy wrote:

Very true. Depends a bit what you want to do. For best performance, the Thermalright wins, but you have to fit a fast, noisy fan. You can fit a slower fan, but then you won't beat the Zalman. Best solution for the hardcore o/c'er who doesn't mind noise

For very good performance at low noise levels. Most will agree it is prettier too ;)

I haven't seen a direct comparison review between the Zalman CNPS9500 and the Thermalright. Should be interesting...

Advertisement