Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P4C800 & Audigy 2 ZS Problem

Options
  • 15-09-2005 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

System as follows

P4 3.0E, P4C800 MTB, ASUS 6800GT, IDE 80GB (for o/s) and 250GB,
    ND3540A DVDRW

I formated the hard disk and installed Windows XP SP2 Pro OEM. I installed drivers for all other devices on the system. After I installed the drivers for the motherboard, the soundcard is then detected and listed as an unknown device. I then inserted the CD
    and proceeded to perform a full installation of the software. I then get a blue screen of death with the header IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I disabled the onboard sound card, the serial port and the parrallel port in the case that it might be a resource conflict.

Any ideas whats causing this or ways around this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Hm, I have a very similar system and everything's working fine.
    (P4C800E, 3.2C, Audigy 2 ZS)

The fact that the sound card isn't being recognised properly is a bit weird, I mean Windows XP have the basic drivers for Audigy2, it should work fine.

Have you tried installing the latest drivers instead of the ones from the CD?

I never bothered with the CD, and that's the main difference here...

Another thing to try would be putting the card in a different slot.
    Creative cards can be picky about sharing IRQs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Install the drivers first (if possible - Creative driver packaging and install routines are infuriatingly inflexible).

I've the same card, albeit for a NF4 board, but I haven't installed it yet. Miht do it this weekend, I'll let ye know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,234 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I've had numerous conflicts caused by my Audigy2 resulting in BSOD. Usually trying a different driver version (either newer or older) worked for me

Be glad you had it easy finding the offending member :)

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

I got it in the end. Netman was right. Windows didn't have a native driver by default on the installation and any driver from creative would cause it bomb out. Tried windows update for a driver and that did it. So its working fine now. Cheers!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

i have the P4P 800-E Deluxe uses same drivers as your p4p 800-C & i think you have to install the drivers first i cant remember i had alot of trouble installing the dam drivers :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement