Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need new gear

Options
  • 15-09-2005 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

As you probably seen this morning , it was quite wet. I found out just how wet it was when the water started streaming into my expensive 2 year old helmet and through the seams of my leather jacket. Now I have to go and buy some new gear just when I thought I'd get away with my old stuff for another winter.

Does anyone know of a decent place to buy resonably priced gear either in an online shop or a bricks n'mortor one. I live just down the road from Bikeworld and have always bought my stuff in there, bikes and all. But, what I want to know is have I over looked somewhere that I might pick up a bargain.

I don't mind travelling to the NI if there's any thing worth while up there.

In other words, post the best place to buy bike gear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ebay is really good for bargains! My Alpinstars jacket was €80 inc postage for England. It's really easy to get girls stuff cos you have guys buying stuff for the gf and the get the wrong size or the gf takes one ride on the back of the bike and decides it's not for her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Try Cotter's in Ballymount they have a range of slight seconds that are all reasonably priced some bargains too.

How did the water stream into your Helmet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I second eBay. I bought a Takachi TK30 helmet (full EU and British Motorcyle Sport approval-could be used for racing) for £48 inc. postage. Definitely worth looking on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Kazujo wrote:
    Try Cotter's in Ballymount they have a range of slight seconds that are all reasonably priced some bargains too.

How did the water stream into your Helmet?

I have a Lazer flip face helmet with a in-built sun visor. The visor is moved up and down inside the helmet with a slider mechanism just on the forehead of the helmet. I suppose out of use the seal around the slider has worn and when it rains my E350 helmet fills with water. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

K-TRIC wrote:
    I have a Lazer flip face helmet with a in-built sun visor. The visor is moved up and down inside the helmet with a slider mechanism just on the forehead of the helmet. I suppose out of use the seal around the slider has worn and when it rains my E350 helmet fills with water. :mad:

repair it with a bit of silicone sealing spray. same goes for anyone with a leaky visor, iirc some manufacturers supply you with a small tube of it to rejuvenate the seal around the visor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

What size are you.
    I have a full set of nearly new gear that I would sell, bike already gone, gear didn't fit buyer?

Size 8 Alpine Star Gortex Boots.
    Fieldsheer spiga jacket and tour master gloves size medium.
    HJC FG22 Helmet, size Medium.
    Dianese Dryline pullups, size medium.

All the above gear was bought with the intention of being wind and water proof and has never let me down.

Also have a one piece wetsuit .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Thanks guys, I bit the bullet at the weekend and spent 410 squid on a new jacket and boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

you'll be glad once it's all frosty again!! I got a new pair of Alpinestars boots for €106 from ebay - they're €285 on bikes2order.com :D:D:D

Advertisement