Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda presence last night and helicopter

Options
  • 15-09-2005 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

was waiting for the Bus home last night and the city was Jam packed
    with GARDA vans and ambulances flying in and out of the city all night.

You always see the ol ambulances around the place but this was different
    a hell of a lot more than normal. As well as the GARDA. Ever since all the
    security cameras went up in the city I have seen less and less of a Garda presence.
    I rarely see cops on foot on patrol these days its normally the ol car or van
    that sometimes passes by. May have been the junior cert and college grad celebrations that had them out in force.

on a bit of a different subject I arrived home and the Mrs. greeted me at
    the door asking what was going on around the place. She said there was a
    helicopter red and white like the rescure chopper that was hovering only a few
    meters from the roof tops of a lot of the houses out in dooradoyle.
    She said it did not have any search lights on but was she got the impression
    is was a privately owned chopper that looked as though someone was
    joyriding the thing or acting the maggot While I have seen some land up in the industrial estate and
    hospital, I have never seen one start to make people in the residential areas
    nervous with the proximty of the thing.

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Coming in from Castletroy direction last night (around 9pm), on the "new" section of road by Homebase, I spotted the Air-Sea rescue chopper flying low. It seemed to be coming in from the Shannon direction, turned and went over Homebase and down over the canal area behind Rhebogue. I did seem to have a very bright light on the front of it, but I don't think it was a search light - but then again it was still brightish at that hour and I didn't notice any beam coming down from the chopper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

When i was in the city yesterday... there was a HUGE group of army and Gardaí just down the road from The Bank of Ireland offices!
    The Army even had two vans down on Teatre Lane, scary thing was they were all over talking at one, while the other van (which hd no soliders nearby) had a sub machine gun on show! I could have just reached in and ran off with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

yeah there was a helicopter buzzing around last night. Although i havent seen it in a while. Usually every weekend its around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Gotta getoutta goddammned ghetto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

When i was in the city yesterday... there was a HUGE group of army and Gardaí just down the road from The Bank of Ireland offices!
    The Army even had two vans down on Teatre Lane, scary thing was they were all over talking at one, while the other van (which hd no soliders nearby) had a sub machine gun on show! I could have just reached in and ran off with it!

It was probably a delivery of money. I've seen that happen there before - they usually have an army jeep or two, a squad car, etc. You probably didn't see the security delivery van 'cos it was inside the BOI building - there's a sliding door at the side that it drives in through.

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Junior Cert results were out yesterday, maybe this contributed to it.

Advertisement