Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying AON by direct debit

Options
  • 15-09-2005 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

Ok well I paid a deposit of 575 off my premium, but I can't afford to pay off all of it so I asked them to send me a direct debit form.

I got the form the other day with a cover letter. The letter says that they don't do finance and their finance is arranged by a company called "Close Premium Finance", or something like that.

So I look at the sheet this company has attatched and low and behold, they are charging me more than my original premium quote of 1916.
    A whopping 114.96 EUR extra, just for the facility of them taking 292 EUROS a month out of my bank a/c for 5 months.

But thats not all.. get this:
    The finance company decided to charge me their 6% on the WHOLE ORIGINAL quote amount (1916), even though I had sent 575 bank draft to AON already.. they already had that money.
    I wouldn't be going so mad if they had to just calculate the interest on the original premium minus the deposit I had already paid(which would have worked out at 80 EUR)..

Is there anything I can do, apart from pay the whole premium in full?
    Sorry for the rant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,507 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Could you get a 6 month loan from a bank or building society?
    Should be a lower rate of interest..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Well my original plan was to get the loan from the CU and pay it all off in a lump sum, so I had been saving money in there for about 2 months.
    I also had a load 2 years ago and paid it off quickly, so I should have a good credit rating(if thats what it's called?).

But the bike cost me a little more than I had planned, and when I found out I could pay the insurance monthly, I decided to withdraw the money from the CU and pay for the bike.

So I'm not sure if they'd want to give me money.. I think you have to have a minimum amount in there.. no?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,762 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

The CU should still sort you out. The most important thing is your history. It's entirely reasonable to use savings to buy the machine, otherwise you're just borrowing for that as well.........which is even more interest.............

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement