Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diploma in Interior Design - Griffith College

Options
  • 14-09-2005 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi!
    I'm considering doing a diploma in interior design in Griffith College - changing careers from Software Engineering, so I would have to do it by evening. I was just wondering if anyone had done this course or knew anything about the content. I missed the open day and the closing date for applications is tomorrow! Unfortunately the admissions office arent answering the phone!

The course content is as follows for the first year :
    Project Work I and II - Visual Studies
    Architectural Drawing I and II
    Analytical Drawing I and II
    Cultural Studies I and II
    Computer Studies I and II
    Communications I and II

It seems totally different from other interior design diplomas - such as limperts academy (distance course) which has the following :
    Colour
    Style &*design
    Surface finishes
    Curtains &*soft furnishings
    Lighting
    Professional presentation
    Final project

Does the Griffith course include basic interior design things like colour, and soft furninshings, or is it more architectural. Do both qualify me to do the same job!?

Very confused, with not much time to decide, so any help greatly appreciated :)
    Thanks!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭jamiecake

I think the one in Griffith is interior architecture. Not so much design.. well, from what I see from the modules anyway. Look around! More colleges do courses like this one, www.scd.ie I think.. or www.ncad.ie these also aren’t fee paying ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 pigthehog

Thanks Jamiecake.. I had a look at the dunlaoghaire one - hadnt seen it before. I researched a bit more anyway and decided to go for the griffith one in the end. I reckon the architecture slant would be more my thing and I'd have to pay wherever I go anyway as I already have a degree. Thanks for the info!

Advertisement