Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy Socket?

Options
  • 14-09-2005 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

I have a double socket in the boiler house for the burner and pump.Last night the heat did not come on and after investigating I discovered that there is no power running to that socket. I checked the board and nothing has tripped so why have I no power at the socket?(it was fine at the weekend). Any ideas or things I should check much appreciated .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

have you checked the voltage across the live & neutral wires terminated in the socket?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

broken cable to the socket?
    any chance it was wired to next door by accident when put in and they
    have disconected it?
    switch inside house which disables sockets?

could be anything but check the wiring from socket back to mains to see if
    it is alright first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Indoor thermostat linked to socket ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

First question i have is why did you want your heating on last night was it not warm and a little humid indoors last night .Your socket is more than likely fed from the indoor thermostat or digital timer . Check that these are set correctly or switch to 24 hr to test as this will send a permanent feed to your double socket . If still no joy your back to conventional checks !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

There could also be a fused spur on the feed to the socket...If so check the fuse in that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Thanks all , will check it out tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

sounds like indoor thermostat now that it was mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

daveym you're the man. thanks. it was a switch inside a room we rarely go into, someone switched it off. Thanks again.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Fingalian wrote:
    daveym you're the man. thanks. it was a switch inside a room we rarely go into, someone switched it off. Thanks again.

glad it worked out for you, had to turn my heating on for the first time this year during the week, getting bloody cold.....

Advertisement