Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mate just sold his cbr600f.... 2000eur!!

Options
  • 14-09-2005 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭

Has he given it away, a 95 cbr600f grey/purple stripe, 30k.... I gave out to him, cos I think he gave it away. Any opinions. It was in good condition, just needed tyres.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭twentyfour7

Its terrible to say but thats all they are worth nowadays..
    I sold a May 2004 CBR 600 RR red/black with micron system and nice polished bits in December 2004 for 7250 euro .... 13k new... still suicidal after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

I blame the cost of insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

its down to the bottom falling out of the used bikes market. was talking with the lads in megabikes and they seem to have alot of trouble getting rid of the second hand bikes they have. especially ones like 125's and 250's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

In fairness, if you were buying from a dealer, the bottom hasn't dropped out *that* much. 30k on a 10 year old bike isn't much on the surface. Was it a Jap import that had been in storage for a few years? I ask because that's exactly what the story was with an RVF400 a friend of mine bought a while back. Absolutely pristine, but that 10th birthday really put a lot of buyers off. Add to that the fact that private sales are (almost) always lower for various reasons, and the 2k isn't *that* bad.
    On the subject of dealers, isn't it usually the way that whatever bike you arrive on is exactly the type that they're having trouble shifting? "Ooooh mate, mate, mate, mate, mate, mate, MATE! If ONLY you had a <insert opposite to what you've got here>, I'd be throwing money at you etc etc". As Fred Gassit used to say: Fahn cahns!

Advertisement