Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying Saucers in Renaissance Art

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I dont really have time to check out that link but there is a fairly prominent paintnig or wood carving from 1066 depecting the battles of hastings with 2 or 3 UFO's in them.

im about 90% sure that at least one of the UFO's has been identified as the Halle Bop comet and im pretty sure also that other UFO's in art has been mostly explained away by this due to the early worlds lack of knowledge of the sky.

apologies for the vagueness of the post my memory is vague about this i'll prob do some proper looking into it later on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

_raptor_ wrote:
    I dont really have time to check out that link but there is a fairly prominent paintnig or wood carving from 1066 depecting the battles of hastings with 2 or 3 UFO's in them.

im about 90% sure that at least one of the UFO's has been identified as the Halle Bop comet and im pretty sure also that other UFO's in art has been mostly explained away by this due to the early worlds lack of knowledge of the sky.

apologies for the vagueness of the post my memory is vague about this i'll prob do some proper looking into it later on

bugger...really? tin foil hat folded away neatly.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I did say mostly mind you, the way they do it is calculate the comet/meteors orbit and how often they are visible from earth and count it backwards and most of the time their orbit co-incides with these paintings BUT not all of the pictures

There is one picture that very clearly depicts a mechanical disc object in the sky but google aint bringing it up yet I'll keep searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

_raptor_ wrote:

It was Halley's Comet actually... and yes.. it is featured in the Bayeux Tapestry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

http://www.dudeman.net/siriusly/ufo/art.shtml

Alot of paintings feature UFO's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The first one just looks like the painting is damaged.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement