Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sydney anyone?

Options
  • 14-09-2005 6:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Or am I the only one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

It would be nice if there were more content in that post. Are you in Sydney? Do you want to be in Sydney? Are you called Sydney? Is there something going on in Sydney you'd like us to know about? Do you intend to move to Sydney in the near future?

What's your point caller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Fair enough.

I moved to Sydney, New South Wales, Australia two weeks ago with some friends.

Just wondering if there were any other Boardsie users located in Sydney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Melbourne here...the cultural capital!

Although I will be cheering for the Swans in the Grand Final this Saturday!!

Are you on a one year visa?

Yeah, I'm on a 1 year WHV.

Loved the two Swans game I saw so far, pity I won't make the GF on Sat.

Good to see Barry Hall playing and our own bhoy Tadgh Kennelly who has played more games this season than any other Swan's players.

With the WHV no doubt you will be travelling around. Let me know if you come to Melbourne and we can have a pot or two!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

In sydney myself. Living in Ultimo, lovin it here. Hall playing will mean that it will be the game it should be. Saw the Swans demolish the Eagles in July hopefullly a repeat performance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Hey I'm also in Sydney. I'm living in Bondi (with the rest of ireland).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

I'm flying down this weekend to go to the NRL - National Rugby League - Grand Final.

Come on the Dragons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

lived in sydney 2yrs ago...about 20mins walk from bondi out the old south head rd.....bondi jxn itself is a dump...cock n'bull and the tea gardens....dives....rose bay the area that we lived in was abso gorgeous

Living in Coogee myself, it's lovely.

Nice one that Barry Hall is allowed play, I'm not going to bother watching the first three quarters, only the fourth, with the Swans playing it's guaranteed to be a great quarter!!

I like Bondi Jct, have a couple of mates up there, watching the All Ireland in Easts Club this sunday, providing I don't have work by then.

Any ideas on where to get a decent job paying decent wages anyone? The recruitment agencies are crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

I am moving to Melbourne this day next week with my husband. WE are so looking forward to getting back into spring again - it is no bother to leave the gathering cold here behind.
    We will be there for 2 years and hope to make at least a few visits to Sydney in that time. If you are still around we should have a beer!!
    MPA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Keep an eye out for me on the tele during the NRL Grand Final next weekend.

I'll be the one holding up the Irish flag. The game will be on Sky Sports here so take a look.

You will also get a chance to see just how great a game Rugby League really is. :)

MrsA wrote:
    I am moving to Melbourne this day next week with my husband. WE are so looking forward to getting back into spring again - it is no bother to leave the gathering cold here behind...
    MrsA!

I can feel your excitement from here...

It is so weird going from one season to a completely different season within the space of a day.

When I moved over here it was a really hot summer and a particularly cold winter in Ireland. People go on about the weather in Melbourne.

:confused:

I think after having not being back to Ireland for five years it would be such a shock to the system.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭SexeeAussie

Hey everyone

I am from Canberra.....am an Aussie on an Irish site (don't ask!)

If anyone wants to have a squiz around the National Capital please feel free to drop us a line!

:)

PS Tadhg Kennelly is the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Advertisement