Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I backup my game saves ??

Options
  • 13-09-2005 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I'm selling my XBox console and I have the game saves for my favorite games on it. Does anyone know of a way to back it up onto a computer ? so it can be loaded onto another Xbox ?

Thanks
    K

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I think the only way you can do it is by getting a memory card and transfering them onto that.
    I've never tried it, but I'd be surprised if it didn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

If you mod the xbox you can use a program called qwix to tranfer the gamesaves over using its gamesave manager. Otherwise you'll have to use either a standard memory card (you cant copy to PC this way) or use an action replay for xbox (you can plug the mem card into a PC then and back it up before transferring to the new xbox)

Game sell the action replay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

What I'd really like to do is backup my game saves so when I get my Xb360 i can see if there is a way to copy them onto it. There hasn't been any official announced about old game saves on the new system , but I want to cover my ass.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

K-TRIC wrote:
    What I'd really like to do is backup my game saves so when I get my Xb360 i can see if there is a way to copy them onto it. There hasn't been any official announced about old game saves on the new system , but I want to cover my ass.

yeah, I e-mailed Major Nelson with a related question, asking how we'll be able to transfer our live accounts from our xbox to the 360, he just said it hasn't been anounced yet. Unless they're going to do something mad like allow you to network link an xbox with a 360... maybe with some additional software or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Those game saves just sit in the UDATA folder, some games like Forza are locked to the MAC address of the xbox.

Can't see this happening

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

MS only have to resign the savegame so that it works or backup your xbox1 eeprom to the 360 and have the compatibility software point forza at that rather than the physical xbox1 eeprom (which obviously isnt present on the 360). In fact, people who mod cars in forza have resigned the savegames but I dont think the info is made public in order to prevent cheating on live!

Advertisement