Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing oil tank with oil still in it

Options
  • 13-09-2005 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Moving house, and the new house has an oil burner. The current idea is to get gas in and remove the oil burner/tank. But there is still oil in the tank. What should I do? Could I sell the oil? Or how would I dispose of it?

P.S. I've considered wood pellet but the boilers seem to be over priced, dont know if an outdoor shed would be able to store the pellets and also I wouldn't be able to have a gas fireplace.

Thanks,
    LK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Do you know anyone you could give the oil to? Family memeber etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Do you know anyone you could give the oil to? Family memeber etc?

Not sure how to transport it?

LK

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I had a half tank of diesel a few years back and was converting to kerosene and the oil delivery folk pumped the diesel back to the truck for me, just phone wherever you usually buy your oil and ask em

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement