Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CareerAdvice

Options
  • 13-09-2005 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Career wise what would you have done differently?
    Anything you didn’t do you regret, or something you did do that you now regret?
    To be honest, I figure a hell of a lot of degrees are overated.
    If I was starting over again, I’d choose a degree from which you would earn big bucks straight out of college..
    Finished up Arts myself, and four years ago I debated whether or not to go the trade/construction root.
    When I look around now, and see the money that skilled trades people are making I think why did I chose the academic route..
    Ah well, My point is people are too hung up on degrees, if I was to give any advice to current leaving crt exam students I’d say don’t be fooled that the degree root is a licence to print money?
    Any opinions folks?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well... I'd have gone for CS straight off instead of lasting 3 years in a maths physics degree that I grew to hate. Can't really think of anything else offhand.

Advertisement