Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl Raped in Church Hill Meadows?

Options
  • 13-09-2005 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear anything on the news about a girl being raped out
    raheen area last Saturday ?

Some people in work said that a girl was walking home near church hill meadows
    around 1am in the morning and was raped but I have not heard any other
    details.

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

heard something about it alright yesterday on the way to work. the people that did it are supposed to be from Limerick.

but this is just rumor, I havent read the local news today.

I have found this to be a better source of local news, than the Leader or the post so it might show up here later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Ta,

Nice Blog must keep an eye on it.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

This was in today's Irish Times:

Gardaí investigate Limerick rape

Gardaí in Limerick are investigating the vicious rape of a middle-aged woman in the city at the weekend. The incident happened in Raheen as the woman in her late 40's was walking home alone.

Gardaí said the young male lured his victim onto open ground between Churchill Meadows and Aisling Heights where she was physically and sexually assaulted.

Gardaí at Roxboro Road have appealed for anyone who saw a lone male in his late teens or early 20's running through Aisling Heights at around 2am on Sunday morning to contact them.

He was described as between five feet nine and six feet in height and spoke with a local accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭zachler

An 18-year-old has been arrested. He sounds like a slimey scumbag - he tried to escape when arrested and he's got priors. He's only been charged with assault so far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Saw the story on the leader when I got back home after work.

The Garda said she was from the Southern Hemisphere which sounded
    strange. Its not exactly useful information to give out.
    As it would make poeple think it was either a Tourist or Foreign National.

It made it sound like somehow they were treating the case a tiny
    bit different to they way they would normally treat a case
    or was like they were delibratly trying to say "well she wasnt Irish" as if that
    somehow mattered.

Maybe I am reading too far into the words that were printed on the paper.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

probably trying to explain why she was in Limerick (i.e. didnt know any better)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Yeah but isn't she in her forties and living here for some time? Don't see how race, colour or anyting else is important, the fact that someone was raped should be enough to get a full response.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭zachler

One of the papers mention she was white, not that it matters. So she's from the area where she was attacked, is in her 40s, white, and from a Southern Hemisphere country. That doesn't give her much anonymity, does it? The guy charged with assault has more protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

On the media thing, another girl was raped in Galway at the weekend and it gets nowhere near as much coverage. Agree with Zachler, it's irresponsible to give out so many details. I hope they put the rapist away for a very long time.

Advertisement