Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for someone to dispose of a junk TV set

Options
  • 13-09-2005 5:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

its not exactly something you can throw into a wheelie bin, (a 28" TV that is) so does anyone out there know of a company that does this sort of thing, take away things like Television sets that no longer work for the purpose of recycling or dumping safely?

thank y'all in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

The County Council/Corporation do this as far as I know - but they could charge you for it.

AFAIK electrical good shops are obliged to take used unwanted appliances from you for disposal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

cAr0l wrote:
    The County Council/Corporation do this as far as I know - but they could charge you for it.

AFAIK electrical good shops are obliged to take used unwanted appliances from you for disposal

I dont mind paying for its removal as long as it is not something like 50 or 60 quid, i would be able to get a skip for that

I wonder does what you say in your second point apply even if you didnt buy the TV at an electrical store. it was baught in Buy and Sell many moons ago so i dont know which shop it came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

One of my tellys is on the way out so I may be junking one too.
    Its at that stage of its life where the brightness contrast and colour are
    all turned up to the max and you can still barely make out a picture on screen.
    Still have my PC tvs to fall back on though which is handy.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

this one is completely fooked, would get better reception if i were to connect the sky box to a rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Try that so :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The park depot out by Musgraves, takes old electrical appliances. Turn left off Clare street towards the canal and you can't miss it.

Advertisement