Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems phoning 056 UK VoIP numbers?

Options
  • 12-09-2005 10:34pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm curious has anyone else here experienced any issues phoning one of these numbers, during last week my girlfriend was in the UK and instead of using her mobile to phone me I suggested phoning my 056 number thats part of my blueface account. (can beat the price of a local call :))

But unfortuntaly it said the number was barred? :(
    Anybody else come across this?

I realise theirs probably issues phoning 056 numbers much the same as 076's in Ireland on some networks, but surely it should work from a standard BT phonebox?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

My sister can call my 056 number from her landline but not on her Orange (the network, not the order:D) phone. I think most of the mobile operators are yet to enable 056 access.

That said, she is saving a fortune calling it from her landline. Great having a UK number.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Was this the first time using the number? I had the same problem with my 056 number and was told that it had to be used within the first 7 days or it got canceled. Wasn't Bluefaces fault, was a rule of the providers apparently.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

harney wrote:
    Was this the first time using the number? I had the same problem with my 056 number and was told that it had to be used within the first 7 days or it got canceled. Wasn't Bluefaces fault, was a rule of the providers apparently.

I was told it had to be used within 3 months (by blueface) However it has been called before and it did work.

Advertisement