Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dbu and dbx

Options
  • 12-09-2005 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

whaere can i get good information on the above

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Are you talking about Clipper/xBase file formats? What do you need to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

I am neck deep in old FoxPro dbf's right now. If your refering to xbase files then run, run as fast as your legs will take you!

Or alternatively I could help... I've been doing the xBase thing since dBase III. I haven't looked at it much since about '99, but I know my way around all that stuff fairly well.
    Kernel32, are you using the various MS incarnations of Fox, or the prior versions?

We recently upgraded from Fox6 to Fox9 an old application that we are remarketing. The upgrading wasn't too bad but I come to find out there are loads of hard coded paths. I have broken reports along with some VB6 utility applications that are broken. Its nearly there though! Offically we release tomorrow but it will be a few more weeks yet before I am comfortable allowing CD's out the door for demo clients.

Kernel32 wrote:
    there are loads of hard coded paths

written by a real pro so?

• Advertisement

gerryk wrote:
    written by a real pro so?

Well development stopped about 4 years ago on the product and as far as I can tell there have been about 15 contract programmers work on it at one time or another. I use one of the original programmers for some work now and again and he told me that at one point there were 10 contractors working on it with no software developer manager. What you end up with is messy code and shortcuts everywhere, not something that will happen under my watch!

You tell 'em!! :D
    Next time you're looking for an xBase programmer and want quality, don't hesitate to give me a shout.

coolio_64 wrote:

so do you need any information or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭coolio_64

would like some help indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 siding

The repair outlook and data email recovery has prompted you a path of the Outlook Express files' storage. And now save the damaged dbx files in the safe folder, they can be useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

coolio_64 wrote:

google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭coolio_64

well?

water

Advertisement