Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to dig a well for a new build

Options
  • 12-09-2005 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi,

Hope someone can help me out there, i'm starting my new house next week and i'm just wondering at what stage of the build do you sink a well for domestic water. Is it usually after foundations and groundworks are finished or can it be done first off and the water tested for suitability before i pump (getit...!!) more money into the build. Any advice and experiences appreciated..

Bill..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 quattfa3

Give the Groundwater section of the Geological Survey of Ireland a bell. They hold a database of wells which includes info on their yields and depths to waterstrikes. There's a national bedrock aquifer map on their site here. Their advice is free and impartial.

Ask your neighbours where they get their water from...

Shop around for drillers

Best of luck

Advertisement