Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more graphics cards questions

Options
  • 16-08-1999 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

ok,
    now yis all know at this stage that i have an onboard agp ati rage 8mg card. now afaik its 2d/3d.
    also have a voodoo1 that i use for the ol 3d graphics. not sure if this atke away from the ati, but there you go.

now.. what i want to know.
    is it worth geting a voodoo3?
    obviously i have to get a v3 2000 pci coz i cant use the agp port. and since the v3 seems to be the cheapest and fastest pci 3d accelerator that i know of i want to splash out get one.
    what think ye?
    is there any way to set the ati to just 2d and use the v3 for 3d graphis for best use of both cards, or is it just plug it in and go with the flow.
    gandalf.. did you get a v3 2000 or 3000? cant rememebr abut like me you should have no agp slot? what is the card like anyway?

ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Eamo, I got myself a V3-2000 pci jobby and just lashed it into my spanky celeron400 and off I went, its a 2d/3d combo jobby so I'd say you'd be best off disabling ur integrated one, alfter all there's 16mb on the v3 and the 2d bit of it is **** fast anyway. One thing i've experienced with the v3-2000 is that the heatsink heats up like a mutha phuker, cant even leave ur finger on it for more than a second or else it'll burn. I screwed on an old cpu fan onto that I have and it's nice and cool now.

Advertisement