Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

telephones - vintage

Options
  • 11-09-2005 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

heya!! i was wondering if anyone knows where to get vintage, retro or antique phones or reproductions in cork? i dont even know where to start!!! there used to be a shop on washington street with the exact type of phone i'd like, it was a white vintage phone but this is way back in the 90's and i dont even know if the shop still exists...anyway if anyone could point me in the right direction i'd be delighted!!! thanks, zenzen

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Conversation Piece. According to the Golden Pages it's still there, number 39, but I'm not sure how reliable that is.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

I remember seeing it on the corner of Washington street and North Main street(?). Don't know if it's still there, I'm a "driver past" rather than a walker these days!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

failry sure its moved somehwere else - seem to remember driving by a few weeks/months ago and wondering where it had gone.

You could try woodies or B&Qs phone sections - they might have something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Well, there's still a phoneshop where Conversation Piece is/was, but they don't do the cool phones anymore (I remember seeing a see-thru one there before, years ago), just overpriced mobiles and the like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Probably have a better chance of finding what you want on the web anyway. I have an old bakelite phone here but I'll prolly stick it on eBay if I find it's worth anything. Which'd probably be the first place I'd look.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

thanks for all the replies...pity that conversations pieces doesnt do the funky and vintage phones anymore...well i looked on ebay and saw the perfect phone, but i've no card so there u go...i'll look in b&q too, didnt even know they were in cork!!! anyway thanks again. zenzen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 naughtyadam

Show us the perfect phone then, post a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

ebay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

achtung, if you buy a package from outside the EEC (and that includes "***Shipped from Hong Kong, United Kingdom***" you might get caught for VAT

Advertisement