Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryder Cup 2006

Options
  • 11-09-2005 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Hi was just wondering if anyone on the board applied for Ryder Cup tickets through the European tour website and if so have you got any word from them back? As far as I know I thought the draw was done in August which means either that I was nt so lucky or else hopfully the draw may have been delayed. Anyway if anyone has any news on this I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I applied on the website and have not heard anything yet. Still have the fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

me too, applied but heard nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

Two friends of mine play the Ryder Cup course at the weekend and said it was easy and they are just standard golfer think how easy it would be for the pros!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

tripper wrote:
    Two friends of mine play the Ryder Cup course at the weekend and said it was easy and they are just standard golfer think how easy it would be for the pros!

i doubt the course was set up as difficult as it will be come the ryder cup....rough, pin positions, etc.

And were they playing of the rear tees?

oh and i've heard nothing either about tickets :(

The application period is over and this site is now closed.

Successful applicants will be determined through a computerised random lottery draw to take place in September 2005. Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified of their result by e-mail at the end of September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭Trampas

Kclub easy. probably off the forward tees.

It is like I have played Mount Juliet a couple of times and it is easy off the forward tees but different story the further you go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭finlma

I heard that not many people applied for tickets over the net - because it was badly advertised and that most people who applied will get tickets.

I'm hoping so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo

Received a mail confirming my application was successful at 22.24:

Congratulations!

Your application for Ryder Cup Tickets was successful in the random computerised lottery draw and we will shortly be collecting payment of €770 from your designated credit card for the following tickets:

Ticket Holder Ticket Price
    james Series - 4 Day (Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun) €345
    alan Series - 4 Day (Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun) €345
    PARKING €80
    GRAND TOTAL €770

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Yippee - got tickets too - e-mail at 8.12pm tonight. - Best friend will have to immitate my wife cos her name is on the second ticket - so don't be alarmed when you see a chubby blond guy in drag on the course!!!!

Your name was successfully drawn in the Ryder Cup random computerised lottery draw.

Unfortunately, your requested ticket type was no longer available. However, because you elected to accept an alternate day ticket, we are pleased to confirm that you have been allocated the following tickets to the value of €220, for which we will shortly be collecting payment from your designated credit card.

Ticket Holder Ticket Price
    XXXXXXXX Match Day Saturday €100
    XXXXXXXX Match Day Saturday €100
    PARKING €20
    GRAND TOTAL €220

Your tickets will be dispatched approximately six weeks prior to the start of the 2006 Ryder Cup and we will write to you before they are dispatched to confirm that we have the correct delivery address.

We look forward to welcoming you to the K Club in September next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

bucks73 wrote:
    wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo

Well done dude.

I've got no email from them yet.
    I just applied for Sunday tickets.

• Advertisement

Got mine too - its a bit of a whack to the credit card but it will be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

still no mail yet, has anyone recieved a mail stating they were unsuccessful??

I didnt get any :mad: :mad: :mad:

We regret to inform you that in the recent Ryder Cup 2006 random computerised lottery draw you were not one of the successful applicants.
    Unfortunately, because of the unprecedented demand for tickets for next year's match it was simply not possible to fulfil all applications.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ryder Cup Ticketing

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

sweet, got my 2 tickets for sat and sunday....

does anyone know what the deal is with the 2nd person you put down in your application. ie. does it have to be that person or can you give it to someone. what form of ID will you need????

I see that a pair of tickets for 1 day are now selling for close to €1300 on ebay.

crazy money!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Trampas wrote:
    Kclub easy. probably off the forward tees.

It is like I have played Mount Juliet a couple of times and it is easy off the forward tees but different story the further you go back.
    exactly the sign of a good course is one thats difficult for the pro to play but is a manageable challange for the club golfer off their tees. i played the palmer course last july and it was fair, not easy but fair, but there was an extra 50 yards on nearly every hole and not straight back, brings way more of the hole into play as well as potentially terrifying pin positions, it won't be the same course we played in september.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Firstly

Ticket prices are insane and I for one defo wont be ehading and I know alot of people i know wont either.

Mostly every country allows anyone under the age of 18 or over 65 into events for free. Except Ireland , who at the last event I priced where charging 40 euro for my ticket at 16 yrs of age.

I think I'll jsut sit in and watch on Tv with some mates and have a laugh.

Secondly.

The course is super overrated. As is the k-club in general, its prices and wuality are well too hyped, you can find tougher and better courses around for a 1/3 of the price.

I played the course once in a freebie classic, and I found it extremely easy, shooting 78, at 17yrs of age, playing off 12, in windy overcast conditions.

I think the pros are going to wipe this course ot bits and it wont be much of a skill display more of a " who is playing worse"

Firstly

Ticket prices are insane and I for one defo wont be ehading and I know alot of people i know wont either.

Mostly every country allows anyone under the age of 18 or over 65 into events for free. Except Ireland , who at the last event I priced where charging 40 euro for my ticket at 16 yrs of age.

I think I'll jsut sit in and watch on Tv with some mates and have a laugh.

Secondly.

The course is super overrated. As is the k-club in general, its prices and wuality are well too hyped, you can find tougher and better courses around for a 1/3 of the price.

I played the course once in a freebie classic, and I found it extremely easy, shooting 78, at 17yrs of age, playing off 12, in windy overcast conditions.

I think the pros are going to wipe this course ot bits and it wont be much of a skill display more of a " who is playing worse"

I agree in general...but the k club will be made to play hard (rough and rear tees).

Tbh, i prefer watchiung golf on TV as you get to see the excitement of various quality shots on different holes.

The few times i've gone to the irish open, i've had **** views and been bored to death watching how long it takes the pro's to address the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

RuggieBear wrote:
    Tbh, i prefer watchiung golf on TV as you get to see the excitement of various quality shots on different holes.

The few times i've gone to the irish open, i've had **** views and been bored to death watching how long it takes the pro's to address the ball.
    Totally agree. Been to a few tournaments, what with the crowds and "one way systems" they have around courses, you can't get decent views most of the time. However I would love to go see the Ryder Cup live and follow Garcia around. I've said it before, for me this man is the Ryder Cup!

• Advertisement
Advertisement