Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigabyte 7800GTX

Options
  • 11-09-2005 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭

Bought one today.

Default clocks 430 / 1300, benches 3DMark 05 and played BF2 for 2 hours having notched it straight up to the BFG and XFX OC Speeds of 490 / 1300. Seems that spending the extra for the OC out of the box is unecessary. Will see how far I can push it next week.

Only downer is my 2nd rig is my only pci-x rig and is a lowly P4 3.0 530J, while my skt 478 4.1ghz rig can't help my benchies :O(

2nd rig has a crappy MSI 915P combo mobo which won't OC for sh!t either...........roll on my X2 and DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI gear arriving next week.

Inqui

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Ye lucky bastard :p .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Inquitus wrote:
    Bought one today.

Default clocks 430 / 1300, benches 3DMark 05 and played BF2 for 2 hours having notched it straight up to the BFG and XFX OC Speeds of 490 / 1300. Seems that spending the extra for the OC out of the box is unecessary. Will see how far I can push it next week.

Only downer is my 2nd rig is my only pci-x rig and is a lowly P4 3.0 530J, while my skt 478 4.1ghz rig can't help my benchies :O(

2nd rig has a crappy MSI 915P combo mobo which won't OC for sh!t either...........roll on my X2 and DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI gear arriving next week.

Inqui

whats your FPS like in Bf2? with all settings up full!

I've a BFG6800Ultra OC wanna compare it !! (my clock speeds are tweaked to 463 / 1600)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Will use FRAPS and get ya some figures when I have time.....I have a feeling that my fps will be CPU limited by the sh!tty P4 3.0ghz 530J I have. I think I'll be able to give you a better comparison figure when I get it hooked up to a better CPU.

Inqui

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Inquitus wrote:
    Will use FRAPS and get ya some figures when I have time.....I have a feeling that my fps will be CPU limited by the sh!tty P4 3.0ghz 530J I have. I think I'll be able to give you a better comparison figure when I get it hooked up to a better CPU.

Inqui

thats not a bad chip! should be in the 70!! or higher !!

Advertisement