Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 3

Options
  • 11-09-2005 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

For all us Halo freaks out there Halo 3 will be out in February!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭spinalsly

liamskater wrote:

i seriously doubt it....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Will be launched at the same time as the PS3.. Feb is a fair enough date..

Why do you doubt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Isnt the ps3 meant to be next summer though? & isnt it an open secret that halo 3 will be the same day week as ps3.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Another source recently said that halo the movie now has halo 3 being delayed to coincide with the release of the movie for extra marketing and stuff which is 2007 at the earliest as filming hasn't begun yet.
    Link 1
    Link 2

I actually read this first somewhere else but cant find it now - these are the best I could get with google.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Bill Gates pretty much said in his Time interview it would be released at the same time as the PS3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Im sure I read on xbox-scene that he retracted that soon afterwards as bungie werent happy with him putting pressure on them or something like that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

maybe so, but it won't be put back to 07, MS can't afford to go that long with out their saviour!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i've read countless sources saying halo3 will coencide with the movie in 2007. when the ps3 comes out they'll release an expansion pack for halo2... or so i've read.

i've read countless sources saying halo3 will coencide with the movie in 2007. when the ps3 comes out they'll release an expansion pack for halo2... or so i've read.

the legendary halo 2.5, now with proper ending!!!!

I hope not, the next halo has to be great single player and multiplayer or the franchise will be lost forever, had the online content not been as good Halo 2 would have died long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

flogen wrote:
    maybe so, but it won't be put back to 07, MS can't afford to go that long with out their saviour!

Exactly. I can't imagine a competitive 360 market, and the entire console war being sacrified for the sake of a movie tie in.

MS couldn't withstand competition if the PS3 was hitting hard with MGS, Devil May Cry, Gran Turismo, Killzone, Resident Evil and all the other exclusive franchises, whilst they were holding back the greatest console FPS ever to hit the shelves to promote a movie.

It would be a stupid, stupid move. As for the actual release date of Halo3, a release date to clash exactly with the ps3 would be awesome.....I know some people for whom that would be the ultimate decision....Halo 3, ps3?

But February? It seems a little early considerint the absolute total lack of any news relating to a game, but fingers crossed anyway....

• Advertisement

I don't know if a direct clash would be too wise. I mean, if any one game is going to challenge a console it's halo 3, but even then I fear the game would be overshadowed. We all know just how huge the Sony marketting machine is, and while Halo 2 had some pretty big campaigns going on, it would be nothing compared to a ps3 launch campaign. Also, if rumour is to be believed GTA 4 is a launch title for ps3... now there's a decision and a half!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

even if halo3 doesn't happen, the 360 will have half life 2, which (IMO) is FAR superior to any fps out there... and there's quake 4 too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

AND Perfect Dark Zero. But Halo is class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

I can't see feb being the release date. I always thought that it would coincide with the ps3 release. If bungie were angry at that, how angry would they be to hear that it was feb, thats a couple of months earlier than the ps3!

In either case the 360 is not just about halo 3, altought its the golden franchise its not the be all and end all. Project Gotham, HL 2, Forza 2 (if its on the cards) and many others would drag it through. But I honestly cannot see them jeopardise not just the franchise but the console for the sake of a movie tie in! Everyone knows movie games are crap and they have that stigma attached now so if anything it would kill the Halo name.

Expect it about a week before the PS3 launchs.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Halo 3 is obviously a huge title for the system but by the time the ps3 is out the xbox 360 will have prey and gears of war which are both shaping up to be fantastic titles..never base your team around one player is the rule - the 360 may follow this and let the quality of some of the other games coming out do the talking..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Halo 3 is available to pre-order on EBgames, with a 30/6/2006 date.

Which is around the time the PS3 will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I have to say was very dissapointed with Halo 2. I hope Halo 3 can annihilate Halo...

To be honest I think people have been overly critical adn a bit unfair when it comes to Halo 2. Sure it didn't surpas or match the original and the story was criminally short with a seriously strange cameo by the little shop of horrors plant (did that make any sence!) but over all I thought it was a very good game. I love it and still go back and play it now.

Fair enough it wasn't as good as the original but come on we are compairing it to Halo! Thats like saying Oasis are crap because they are not as good as the beetles! On their own they are a very good band but compared to the beetles they are muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

iregk wrote:
    Sure it didn't surpas or match the original and the story was criminally short with a seriously strange cameo by the little shop of horrors plant (did that make any sence!) but over all I thought it was a very good game. I love it and still go back and pla

The plant thing you're referring to is source of the FLOOD. If you read the Halo books and between the lines of the dialog in both Halo games, the conversation the FLOOD has with the Arbiter and the Master Chief, reveals that the FLOOD was created by the forerunners, humans from millenia ago (this is why the Guilty Spark calls Master Chief a "reclaimer"), as a last ditch attempt to wipe out the Covenant and preserve the human race. This is why the Covenant hate humanity so much (i.e. why they refer to the war as a holy war and master chief as a demon). The reason they're called the FLOOD is Bungie's attempt to tie in with Christianity, Noah's Ark = Earth, Master Chief = Jesus etc. etc.

The backstory of Halo is quite decent actually, you can pick up the books cheap from Play.com and Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cougar

I doubt if we will see halo 3 next year. Bill Gates was refering to Sony's attempt to undermine sales of halo2 by releasing GTA san andreas before the november 11 release date. The idea of releasing halo 3 on the launch date of the ps3 is an attempt by microsoft to undermine Sony's sales. However in later interviews, Bill gates has stated that Halo 3 will probably not be ready in time for such an attempt.
    After all remember all the delays in releasing halo 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Laguna wrote:
    reveals that the FLOOD was created by the forerunners, ... as a last ditch attempt to wipe out the Covenant and preserve the human race.

I agree with the rest of your post lagune, but that bit is total speculation, there is not even a hint in any of the books, or anywhere else that the covenant even existed when the Halo's where used the last time.
    If anything there is evidance to the contrary, how did the covenant survive when the rings where activated?
    We survived as we where on the 'arc', and the flood survived as it was in storage within the Halo's.

But there are many conflicting theorys, just that quote makes no sense to me at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

From what I've read, Halo 3 might not be released this February, I’ve heard christmas???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

i just hope that you can have bots in the multiplayer...with the last two games after you completed it on legendary and had noone else to play with (also no xbox live) it got boring..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

isn't ms chief meant to be a covenant elite or soemthign hence we never see his face in Halo???

look at the shape of his body dammit.. does that look like an elite

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Korvanica wrote:
    look at the shape of his body dammit.. does that look like an elite

Well some member of the covenant. Thats the word on the street anyway. I remeber reading loads of threads about it on the bungie forums ages ago.

i thought he was some sort of cyborg or somet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

ianmc38 wrote:
    Well some member of the covenant. Thats the word on the street anyway. I remeber reading loads of threads about it on the bungie forums ages ago.

it'd be a nice twist but a kinda let down if the only thing to save human kind isn't a human

I thought MC was just a product of enhanced genetic research and manipulation, ala super soldiers from x-files?

• Advertisement
Advertisement