Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laminate Floor Supplier

Options
  • 11-09-2005 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Just been reading all the laminate floor threads on the forum which were quite interesting.
    I intend to put laminate floor in my downstairs hall way and sitting room where most traffic will be.
    From what I have read, it seems I should use at least 8mm and maybe even thicker.
    I am looking to get a type of Laminate that I like, where I have seen in a mates house, called Ship Deck Pine which I cant seem to find at all in any of the usual shops, B&Q, Woodies and other various shops.
    The closest match I have seen is, Plank Pine and it does come in 8mm, manufactured by Quick-Step and its 22 euro per sq yard in Des Kellys and I wonder is this too expensive...
    Does anyone know where I might get the Ship Wreck Pine in a high grade or even the Plank Pine in 8 or 9 mm at a better price.
    Also what type underlay would be the best to get for the concrete floors, I believe there is different types but not sure what to get?
    Also even though the laminates are click together, is it a better job to glue them as well?

Advertisement