Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Longest Yard - the best movie

Options
  • 11-09-2005 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Ok,
    By a long shot the best movie of the year, In my opinion has got to be The Longest Yard!

But I knew it had to be great, my two favourite comedians... Adam Sandler and Chris Rock, both in the same movie, thats just ... magical!!

Some of the tackles etc., are hilarious, By far its way beter than the original (and that little English soccer one they made)

LOL, the IAFL could learn alot from those guys! heehee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

By far its way beter than the original (and that little English soccer one they made)

You thinking about The Mean Machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I dunno, mean machine was a great movie.

I'll watch it, but I dont like the combo of rock and sandler.

Mostly because Rock can't act to save his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

mean machine was a uk themed remake of the original longest yard http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071771/ with burt reynolds in the lead part.

as was (obviously) this new movie. thought it was okay, but wouldn't say movie of there year. you won't see even a hint of it at any of the big awards.

the problem is, that adam sandler will always be billy madison/happy gilmore no matter what he does. and chris rock will forever be pookie from new jack city. he's a funny (if somewhat repetitive & predictable) comedian, but he's never going to win an oscar.

6/10 from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

3/10 for me, and thats only because I thought the mini-storyline with the black tranny and the **** player getting it on was humourous.

The rest was utter horse****, the real problem with an american football themed movie is that the squad is going to have to be far bigger leaving you with denny-style wafer thin characters, some important characters not even being introduced properly and a dramatic change of character from the main guard.

****ing bull**** movie.

Muck.

Worst Adam Sandler movie ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

mean machine was a uk themed remake of the original longest yard http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071771/ with burt reynolds in the lead part.

as was (obviously) this new movie. thought it was okay, but wouldn't say movie of there year. you won't see even a hint of it at any of the big awards.

the problem is, that adam sandler will always be billy madison/happy gilmore no matter what he does. and chris rock will forever be pookie from new jack city. he's a funny (if somewhat repetitive & predictable) comedian, but he's never going to win an oscar.

6/10 from me.
    [align=right]13.16.137.11[/align]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Seriously...worst moive EVER!
    Doesn't deserve a proper review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭speriamo

Ok,
    By a long shot the best movie of the year, In my opinion has got to be The Longest Yard!

But I knew it had to be great, my two favourite comedians... Adam Sandler and Chris Rock, both in the same movie, thats just ... magical!!

Some of the tackles etc., are hilarious, By far its way beter than the original (and that little English soccer one they made)

LOL, the IAFL could learn alot from those guys! heehee

Hope you're joking. Saw it in the states when it first came out and it was a disgrace and not a patch on the original. How Burt Reynolds got involved in this farce is beyond me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

u've gotta protect the mc'nuggets...!!!
    i thought it was ok.. liked the cheerleaders, state of em, n the first training session but highly predictable...

Advertisement